* Highlights *
- Kodaiji Temple "Kangetsu Chakai"(Moon Watching Tea Ceremony)
- SEP.8 - 24 ( FRI. SAT. SUN. only )
- Kodaiji Temple
Japanese tea ceremony under the beautiful autumn moon, also including the visit to the gardens at Kodaiji, Entokuin and Sho Museum, DimSam meal.
¥6,000 ( reservation necessary )
- [ Kodaiji Temple ]
- Tel : 075-561-9966
Access : City Bus No.206 "Higashiyama-Yasui"
- Kiyomizudera-Temple "Seiryu-e"(Blue Dragon Dance)
- SEP.14 - 15
- Kiyomizu Temple
Seiryu, a dragon, is said to drink the waterfall in Kiyomizu Temple. Colorful parade of the blue dragon with people in traditional costume at 2:00PM
- [ Kiyomizu Temple ]
Tel : 075-551-1234
Access : City Bus No.206 "Kiyomizumichi"
* Special Autumn Public Temple and Shrine Openings *
- Toji Temple Treasury Opening
- SEP.20 - NOV.25
- Toji Temple
An unrivalled collection of national treasures are open to public.
- Hiraoka Hachimangu-Shrine Special Opening
- SEP.8 - DEC.3 (except Oct.1,7-9)
- Hiraoka Hachimangu Shrine
Unique ceiling paintings of seasonal plants.
- [ Hiraoka Hachimangu Shrine ]
Tel : 075-871-2084
Access : JR Bus Hiraoka Hachiman
* Kyoto Outdoor Riverside Dining *
Yuka, open-air dining areas along the river, are unique to Kyoto. The restaurants and bars along Kamo river between Nijo to Gojo mostly Pontocho lane set up balconies during the summer season.
Here are where you can enjoy the Yuka dining.
- Kamogawa Noryo
- MAY.1 - SEP.30
- Along the Kamo River, between Nijo and Gojo.
in the twilight riverside
- Kibune no Kawadoko (River Restaurant in Kibune)
- MAY.1 - SEP.30
- Along the Kibune River, northwest mountainside of Kyoto.
For more information :
- Kibune kankokai
- Tel. 075-741-4444
Open air dining